The United Arab Emirates’ Central Bank in Abu Dhabi at their Financial Intelligence Unit (FILI) introduced a new reporting platform ‘goAML’ (global operations Anti-Money Laundering). It is developed by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC). Their main aim is to curb organized crimes.
1. It is the first country in the Gulf to launch this platform.
2. All financial institutions in the IJAE must register on the new platform by June 27,
2019 to avoid penalties.
3. Around 900 entities including, banks, insurance companies, and money exchange centers to register on the platform.
4. It will help FIU to prevent money laundering, financing against terrorism.
5. It was developed by UNODC.
Capital: Abu Dhabi
Currency: UAE Dirham
President of UAE: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan