Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Radha Mohan Singh on November 14, 2018 launched the ‘Yuva Sahakar-Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme’ of the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC).
The NCDC has come up with this youth-friendly scheme for attracting youth to cooperative business ventures. It has created a dedicated fund with liberal features enabling youth to avail the scheme.
1. The NCDC has the unique distinction of being the sole statutory organisation functioning as an apex financial and developmental institution exclusively devoted to the cooperative sector.
2. It supports cooperatives in diverse fields apart from agriculture and allied sectors.
3. It is an ISO 9001:2015 compliant organisation and has a distinctive edge of competitive financing.
4. It has extended financial assistance of Rs 63702.61 crore during 2014-2018 (as on November 13, 2018), which is 220 per cent more than Rs 19850.6 during 2010-14.
5. Being the most preferred financial institution in the world of cooperatives, it has also initiated Sahakar 22, a Mission for Doubling Farmers’ Income by 2022.