The government launched a new campaign called Darwaza Band for the promotion of toilet usage in the rural areas across the country.Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan, who leads the campaign, is proposed to be joined by Union Minister for Drinking Water and Sanitation Narendra Singh Tomar and Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis at the formal launch event to be held in Mumbai.
It is an initiative of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a campaign by the Government of India to clean the streets, roads, the infrastructure of the country’s 4,041 statutory cities and towns.
1. The campaign will be rolled out immediately across the country.
2. Darwaja Band symbolically stands for shutting the door on open defecation.
3. The campaign is supported by the World Bank.
4. The campaign envisages to bring about a behaviour change in men who have toilets but are not using them.
5. Actress Anushka Sharma is also part of the campaign who will encourage women to stand up for this issue and assume leadership roles in their villages.