The Uttar Pradesh Government led by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a new awareness drive called Namami Gange Jagriti Yatra. The drive will be focusing on cleanliness along the banks of Ganga river and maintain hygiene. The campaign was flagged off in the state capital Lucknow by CM Adityanath in hopes of making the river and the banks much more cleaner in the future.
More details about the Namami Gange Jagriti Yatra:
1. The drive has been organised by Uttar Pradesh Homeguard volunteers and will help in spreading awareness in about 25 districts situated on the banks of river Ganga in the state.
2. It will urge people to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the Ganga river.
3. The drive will be covering a total area of around 1,025 kms.
4. It will pass through 108 blocks of 25 districts of UP from Bijnore to Ballia alongide the Ganga river.
5. More than one lakh Homeguard volunteers will be organise public gatherings and other awareness programmes in the districts under the Namami Gange Project.
6. It will urge people to refrain from practices and other things that pollute the Ganga River.