Vice President of India M. Venkaiah Naidu commenced his four-day official visit to Vietnam on 09 May 2019. His visit comes after a series of high-level exchanges between India-Vietnam in 2018 which include visit of Vietnamese Prime Minister in January and President in March to India.
1. He will meet the Indian community and Vietnamese beneficiaries of ‘Jaipur Foot Artificial Limb Fitment Camp’ organized in 2018 by India under ‘India for Humanity’ initiative. It was launched to commemorate 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
2. This visit is expected to enhance India’s Comprehensive Strategic Partnership with Southeast Asian nation, Vietnam.
3. He will also meet Nguyen Kim Thi Ngan, Chairperson of National Assembly of Vietnam (Vietnam’s Legislative Assembly).
4. The Vice President will participate in 16th United Nations Day of Vesak (UNDV) at Tam Chuc pagoda in northern Ha Nam province of Vietnam. He will also deliver the keynote address at the inaugural session of the event, the theme for which is “Buddhist Approach to Global Leadership and Shared Responsibilities for Sustainable Societies”.
5. He will visit Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, to pay homage to Former Prime Minister (and also President) of Vietnam.
6. He will pay tributes to martyrs at National Monument of Heroes and Martyrs (Vietnam’s War Memorial).
7. He will also meet Nguyen Kim Thi Ngan, Chairperson of National Assembly of Vietnam (Vietnam’s Legislative Assembly).